Our commitment to protecting candidates’ privacy
Why TSI Group collects personal information
We collect personal information to find the best talent to meet our client’s hiring needs and for our internal purposes.
TSI Group collects personal information from candidates to enable us, and our agents and employees for the following purposes:
- to establish or verify your credentials
- to authenticate your identity and preserve your privacy when you are contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise
- for research or market intelligence purposes, carried on for our own purposes or on behalf of our clients
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and allow us to meet our contractual obligations pertaining to the services we provide to our clients
- to ensure our records are accurate and to protect you and TSI from error and fraud;
- to provide the services that we offer, and ensure that all related services are supported and implemented
- to conduct surveys on the quality of our services
- to discuss potential candidates for a position(s) with one of our clients
- for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities that arise for our clients as well as other career development resources.
Unless required or authorized by law, TSI will not collect or use personal information for any other or new purpose without obtaining your further consent.
Type of personal information that we collect from you
We may collect personal information about you directly from you and from third parties whom you authorized to share such information with us, such as social media channels.
Information you provide
We collect most personal information about you directly from you, with your consent. We typically collect from you the following (usually provided in your curriculum vitae):
- full name
- home address
- business address
- e-mail address
- telephone number
- cell number
- current occupation
- name of employer
- employment history
- current compensation details (in those jurisdictions where such information can be provided)
- educational history
- residency status
- contact information of your references
In addition, we may collect information about you gathered through any discussions, meetings and interviews with you, your references and/or TSI staff, agents or clients involved in our hiring services.
- TSI obtains consent from candidates for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information through various means: orally or through written documents, including agreements, forms, welcome kits as well as printed or electronic communications. The form of consent sought by TSI will vary according to the sensitivity of the personal information, the reasonable expectations of the individuals and any requirements or standards established by law.
- If you are not comfortable sharing some of your personal information with us, please contact us and we will discuss how we can limit the use and sharing of that particular piece of information. Please note that any restrictions that you impose on the type of personal information that we typically collect to meet our clients’ hiring needs may impact how we are able to present your credentials to our clients.
Your right to withdraw consent
You can withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. We may nonetheless keep your information if we have a legal basis to do so.
- Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, without such consent, this may negatively impact how TSI is able to present your credentials to clients. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
Recruitment communications. You may decide that you do not want to be contacted by us on behalf of our clients who are looking for candidates. If so, you contact us.
Quality control communications. You may decide that you prefer TSI not to use your personal information to conduct quality control communications. If so, you can contact us.
Electronic communications, marketing emails. You can always limit the commercial communications that TSI sends to you. To opt out of commercial electronic messages, simply click the link labelled “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” at the bottom of any electronic message we send you. Please note that even if you opt out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our clients who are looking for candidates and with external service providers who are assisting us with our operations. We may also share your information when required to do so under applicable law or to a person who we believe is authorized to represent you.
- With clients. We offer talent recruitment services to our clients who mandate us from time to time to identify potential employment candidates. We may share with them information you provided us, such as your curriculum vitae, or agreed to publish, such as information about you on social media channels.
- With third party service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf. These services may include assessing candidates’ resume and qualifications, conducting phone or in-person interviews and undertaking references. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. TSI will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those employed by TSI itself.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, TSI may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- In the context of a business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re- organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. We will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
Only those employees of TSI or trusted third party contractors, who need access for business reasons, or whose duties reasonably so require, will be granted access to personal information about candidates.
Correcting or updating your personal information
If any of your personal information changes or you believe that the information you have submitted is outdated or inaccurate, you may e-mail or write to us at the contact details mentioned in the Contact Us section below. We will make every effort to update your personal information to reflect the most current and accurate personal information.
Securing your personal information
We protect your personal information against security incidents.
- Although we use reasonable security measures once we have received your personal information, we cannot guarantee that the transmission of data over the internet (including e-mail) is always completely secure. We strive to protect your personal information and ensure its protection from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure but we cannot completely guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us or affected by events beyond our reasonable control. We have implemented and maintain security measures that include administrative, technical and physical controls which are designed to safeguard your personal information. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities and secured cloud hosting environments. When we transmit any data (such as messages, attachments, etc.) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of HTTPS encryption.
Storage of your personal information
- Personal information collected by us may be stored and processed in your region, or in any other country where TSI or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities, in Canada and the USA. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, improve performance, and create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect under this Privacy Notice is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
- Where personal information that we manage is transferred, processed and stored outside Canada and therefore may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there, TSI will strive to protect such information through contractual agreements requiring that third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those employed by TSI itself.
Retention of your personal information
We only retain your personal information to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with applicable law.
- TSI retains personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the instructions you have given, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purpose is either destroyed or made anonymous.
When you visit our website, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, your operating system, resolution of the screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. For instance, we may collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our website:
- Social media This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us through our website or social media channels but we may also collect it from you where we communicate with you by telephone, post, email or other means of communication. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of social media networks (LinkedIn, Indeed, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, You Tube and Snapchat) you participate in (“Social Media Channels”). Where lawful to do so we may also obtain it (or combine it with information from) from public sources, third party service providers and individuals who have indicated you have agreed for them to provide your personal information. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as our Facebook page) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, (including personal information) such as details of your friends/connections, "likes", comments you have shared, groups and location. In addition, we may receive information about you (including your personal data) if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends/connections or information about you is otherwise accessible through your friends’/connections ́ web page, profile page, or similar page on a Social Media Channel or other third party website or interactive service. We may supplement the information we collect about you directly with the information we receive from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and send you employment opportunities which we believe may be of interest to you.
- [Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.]
- [Google AdWords: We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise TSI across the Internet and to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our websites. AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of the TSI website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site or this could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is only used to indicate to other websites that you have visited a particular page on our website, so that they may show you ads relating to that page. If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.]
- Privacy Policies of Third Parties. This Privacy Notice only addresses the use and disclosure of information by TSI Group. Other websites that may be accessible through our website have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
- If you have a complaint about how we store or use your personal information, please write to us with the details. We will conduct an investigation about your complaint and contact you to discuss the situation.
If you have any questions or comments about how we collect, use and disclose your personal information, please contact:
2630 Skymark Avenue
Mississauga, ON L4W 5A4